Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 (MWPSC Act)
Date: 9th and 10th March 2023
Venue: Durtlang and Bawngkawn
A workshop on "Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 (MWPSC Act)" was organized with Mr. K. Lalchhanhima, Advocate as resource person. The workshop was attended by representatives from Synod Social Front, Presidents and members of senior citizens called Mizoram Upa Pawl (MUP) (a federation of senior citizens) and Mizo Hmeichhe Insuihkhawm Insuihkhawm Pawl (MHIP), the largest all-female NGO body in Mizoram from Durtlang, Durtlang North, Leitan and Selesih, Mizoram.
The topic of discussion includes-
1. Status of Senior Citizens in the society.
2. What is Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act 2007
3. Important definitions in the Act
4. Application for maintenance
5. Jurisdiction and procedure
6. Order for maintenance
7. Establishment of old age homes
8. Medical support for senior citizens
9. Protection of life and property of senior citizen
10. Offences and procedure for trial
The programme concluded with a lively interactive session.