Date : 16th May, 2023
Venue: Conference Hall, Hotel Regency, Aizawl, Mizoram
Learning and experience sharing meeting was held on May 16th, 2023 at Hotel Regency, Aizawl Mizoram. This programme was organized by sub-awardee, Mission Foundation Movement (MFM) in collaboration with sub-awardee Church Auxiliary for Social Action (CASA). The meeting was attended by representative from USAID and JSIPL, State Health Minister, State and District Immunization Officer, partners and stakeholders, and all the field team from both sub-awardees. List of participants and meeting agenda is attached in the annexure.
Some important highlights of the meeting-
· MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity project journey was shared by Dr. Anil Gupta, State Support Lead, JSIPL. He highlighted that MRITE had work with 18 states and Mizoram is fortunate enough to be a part of it and addressing the condition of Mizoram in the initial stage of the project when there were lot of misbeliefs and misconception spread in the community. These misconceptions were addressed with interventions by by MFM,CASA ,TCIF in collaboration with the govt and other state holders, we were able to ramped up Covid 19 vaccination in Mizoram specially to the last mile and vaccinate the most vulnerable and marginalized population.
· Keynote Mr.Vijay Paulraj, Senior Health System Strengthening Advisor, USAID India and he thanked the support provided by MFM, CASA, TCI in reaching out to people living in hard to reach areas. He also mentioned that team had even walk for more than eight hours in hard to reach areas for vaccination. He thanked the leadership of Government of Mizoram for the support provided to sub-awardees teams in vaccination programme.
· Followed by commencement speech by Dr. R. Lalthangliana, Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Mizoram. He recognized and appreciate the support of USAID, JSI, MFM, CASA for the work done in reaching out to vulnerable groups with vaccines in the state. During the initial phase of COVID-19 pandemic, the Health Department was unable to reach out to all the beneficiaries but the help of partners and stakeholders like MFM, CASA, TCIF, Immunization partners, YMA, MHIP, Village Level Task Force, SHGs, FBOs and other community leaders the government was able to vaccinate people having vaccine hesitency and had problem in accessing the vaccines.
· Launching of knowledge products by Mr.Vijay Paulraj, Senior Health System Strengthening Advisor, USAID India, Dr. R. Lalthangliana, Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Mizoram, Dr. Anil Gupta, State Support Lead, JSIPL, Mr. Meesam Abaas, Communication Manager, JSIPL, Dr. DJ Borah, Regional Manager, JSIPL, Dr. Vanlalsawma, Director, DHS and Dr. Lalmuanawma Jongte, State Immunization Officer
· Sharing of experience with MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity project by Dr. Vanlalsawma, Director, DHS and Dr. Lalmuanawma Jongte, State Immunization Officer.
· Photo gallery by all district teams.
· Risk Communication – A progress update by Meesam Abaas, Communication Manager, JSIPL
· Overview of MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity project journey in Mizoram by Ms. Esther Lalthachawii, Project Coordinator, MFM and Mr. Lawrence Chakma, CASA
· Felicitation of 5 vaccine champions from the 5 districts where the project is implementing.
· Sharing of testimonies directly from the beneficiaries from various communities.
· Local stakeholders prospective towards COVID-19 vaccine implementation in the states where village leaders, church elders shared their experience of COVID-19 vaccine and their collaboration with MOMENTUM Routine Immunization Transformation and Equity team in their own district.
· The meeting ended with vote of thanks from Dr D.J Borah Regional Manager, JSIPL and Ms H. Lalenkawli, M&E Associate, JSIPL.